My New Year Resolutions

I will not call right wingers, wingnuts, I'll try to be polite and call them Wing Nuts.
I will not tell them they are corporate tools over and over again, two or three times each day will suffice.
I will try not to laugh too hard when their only reply is a three word talking point (TP), aka slogan, given to them by right wing radio.
I will try not to laugh too hard when they repeat one of their essential TPs that MSM is liberal.
I will try not to think of them as uneducated simpletons even when they get all their thoughts from Beck, Limbaugh, Fox, or the vast right wing echo chamber.
I will try to seriously believe they only woke up after Obama's election to deficits and massive wasteful spending.
I will try to take seriously the Tea Party's whining about government public policy even as they collect social security and benefit from Medicare.
I will try hard to think that Wing Nuts must have more on their minds than just taxes, taxes, taxes.
I will try to forget the failures of Coolidge, Hoover, Reagan, and the Bushs. Well try.
I will try to understand that when your policies fail constantly pointing fingers at others is all you can really do.
I will try not to remind them too often that no nation was ever founded on right wing conservatism. Never. Can't happen.
I will try to forgive them their worship of corporate greed but criticism of minimum wage for fellow Americans.
I will try to forgive them their inhumanity and un-Christian behavior when it comes to universal healthcare and welfare. America helps.
I will remember that even though Wing Nuts sound like twelve year olds, they may really be older and just dumb. They could one day learn.
I will try to stop thinking all right wingers are trolls and hope instead that a few may one day be able to think on their own.
I will try to remember when right wing ideologues reference the Constitution they have no idea what a constitutional democracy even is.
I will remember that when they rewrite history that the truth is still out there even though they ignore it and substitute easy slogans.
I will sympathize with the right wing when they fail to understand my well reasoned threads and posts.
I will try to understand their worship of money and the wealthy over equality, justice, and the consequent freedom that follows from a more equitable society.
I will hope that all their guns give them security but pray they do not fly off the handle with a loaded 9mm.
I will try not to gloat nor brag over the accomplishments of liberal courts, FDR, LBJ or now Obama and the 111th Congress. Too Much.
I will try not to mention no conservative has ever answered my simple question for a conservative accomplishment that helped all Americans.
I will forgive the righties their cognitive discrepancies, failed policies and ideas, but I will never agree with their cheap labor, corporate/wealth worship, and their destruction of core American principles. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." I will remind them we have a way to go before we fulfill that dream. I will try harder in 2011, I promise.


"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Conservative Apologist

JM's favorite, mostly short, quotes in alphabetical order.

What do you think?